MILE MINING METHOD
Mile mining is broke and transport of rock salts, which have been embedded with tectonic changes for thousands of years, using room and column system in traditional mining. It is also called as “Shaft Mining”. Rock salt mines can be in depths between 100 meters and 500 meters.
Shafts to break rock salt are embedded in the bottom of mine and drilling, cutting and blasting operations are done carefully. After salt is removed and crushed, it is conveyed to surface by a conveyor. Salts produced by this method are mainly used to prevent icing on roads.
SHAFT MINING TYPES
There are two main methods for rock salt extraction in spindle mining. Both methods take care to ensure that mine is sound and safe, leaving important sağlam columns of mine to support mine.
CUT AND BRASS
- Using a machine begins with the cutting of slits at the base of the rock face. Carefully drill rock surface using an electro-hydraulic rotary drill.
- Holes are filled with explosives and blasting is performed.
- The resulting salt rocks are crushed into pieces again.
- In salt tunnels, with the help of machine scraping rock salts, smaller rock masses are produced.
- These masses are separated into smaller pieces and removed from the soil.
MILE MINING MACHINERY
It is a machine used to obtain small rock masses by cutting the underground salts with the help of cutting inserts.
It minimizes salt masses and provides reducing soil in its.
It is used to transport salt from below-ground to above-ground and salt processing area.